Friday, November 8, 2013

Dear Brothers and Sisters...

So far, I have 8 Spoken Word pieces on YouTube.  Here is the second one I posted titled "Weakness Strengthened By Audrey (What Else Is New?) - a salute to all the strong women in my life:



And here's my most recent poem...

Need Vs. Want

“Want to come over and watch the game?”
It's not about football- I could just as well not watch the Vikings lose again.
It's about what happens in between snaps.
Conversation. Thinking out loud. Serious and ridiculous.
Adverting potential loneliness is always welcome with two single, hopeless romantics.
But quoting Seinfeld, going on rants,
And making fun of commercials (while wanting to be in one)
Are moments of purpose.
We're not solving world problems. We are creating trust.
So when one of us celebrates, it will be meaningful.
And when one of us gets pissed, we can calm the other down.
This is friendship.
And although my heart aches for a girlfriend, wife, family-
I'm happy.
Happy to know that watching the game
Isn't a waste of time.


No comments: