Wednesday, August 15, 2018

It's been awhile!

If you're reading this, thank you.  If you're not, go f- why am I speaking to someone who's not there?  Shake it off, Michael.  Dear Reader, I appreciate your curiosity.  Even if you simply had a few extra minutes and you're bored of scrolling through your News Feed, I'll take it.  I haven't been writing very much in the past few years.  I'm starting up this blog again to change that.  For me, writing is an opportunity for internal growth and external encouragement.  I think a lot.  Sometimes so much that I prevent myself from being in the moment and experiencing the life right in front of me.  I need to get my thoughts on paper or else they swirl around my head until they trick me into self doubt.  Writing is therapeutic.  And a release.  It's also a way to share my story.  When I'm acting on set or the stage, I'm reciting someone else's words, someone else's story.  This is a good thing.  But what about my story?  Lately when I have been inspired, I've been journal-ing (pen to paper is a refreshing break from LCD screens), typing emo poetry (a term used with pride), and starting to write a few short films/web series' I hope to one day finish.  So, to stay motivated and disciplined, I've decided to dust off the 'ol blog and will be gracing my social media with a a weekly post.  Maybe you can relate to my poems, stories, and thoughts.  Maybe they'll make you think.  Or maybe you're the guy who I aggressively told to go f- once again, Michael- why are you speaking to ghosts? 

A quick thought before sharing a short short story and poem.  Are you a complainer?  Now God knows I've done my fair share of talking trash, so I'm not leaving myself out of the mix here, but why does there seem to be an overwhelming desire to talk about how much you've been wronged?  I mean on a daily basis I overhear and directly listen to more gossip, character assassination and bitching about how I'm right and they're wrong than I hear about how sweet their friends are or how they plan to rise above the adversity.  It's come to the point where I refuse to even vent because I know how quickly that can turn into complaining.  And often times when I finally hear friends, acquaintances or strangers speak positively, they do it in the form of self indulgence.  Where has humility gone?  Well, I don't want to beat a dead horse here or fall into the trap of complaining about complaining, so I'll stop.  But for the record, I have a whole lot more to say.  And now for that story and poem...

Interruption

Walking briskly in the light April rain, Morris lifted his head and smiled at the charcoal sky. He always enjoyed quiet hikes in the forest. Leaving the city reminded him of how simple and beautiful life used to be before technology sped everyone up. Morris slid his hands in the pockets of his jeans. Wait a minute, he thought. I'm missing my wallet. He always put his wallet in his front right pocket instead of the traditional right butt pocket for two reasons: One, he hated the feeling of being uneven when he sat down. And two, he figured it would be exponentially more difficult to pick-pocket him this way. Morris looked around at the ground. No black leather to be found. His heart dropped. He checked his pockets one more time. Hold on. Why didn't he notice this before? His cell phone was no longer in his front left pocket. Once again, he frantically scanned the ground. Nothing. Morris started to panic. How are people suppose to get a hold of him? What if someone is maxing out his credit cards right now? And even if they were, he wouldn't even be able to call to cancel them. He instinctively reached in his pockets again. Shit. This can't be happening. No keys. Both pockets, completely empty. Morris was stranded. He had lost the three most important items in his world: phone, wallet, keys. He began retracing his steps. Nothing but brown, wet leaves. The rain started to pick up.

She's Just A Friend(?)

I already went down the rabbit hole.
It's too late.
When I work up courage to ask and you say no,
I'll have to recalculate.
This heart can only be stretched so much 
Before it deflates.
The risk of having hope 
Has become too great.
So how do I find a balance
When I'm searching for a soul mate?

1 comment:

Packers Movers Ahmedabad said...

Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read more.@ Packers and Movers Ahmedabad