Thursday, September 9, 2010

Back in California After a Minnesota Summer

Hey there!  I've been back in Los Angeles for a couple weeks now and just wanted to touch base with those who still check my blog periodically.  Just in case I never told you, I went back to Minnesota for July and most of August to attend T-Bone and Jeremy Larson's wedding and be in K-Smooth and Joseph Z's wedding.  In fact, I got back 30 minutes before T-Bone's wedding started.  I would have been back sooner if my car didn't refuse to start on me just outside of Gallup, New Mexico (lovely town under different circumstances).  12 hours and a $30 hotel room later, the second best auto mechanic in Gallup (according to the tow-truck driver) diagnosed the problem: my radio suppressor was shot.  My Uncle Paul (who is also an auto mechanic) told me the guy was screwing me, but, hey- I had no choice- T-Bone's wedding wasn't going to wait for me.  So, I put the ol' 1992 Camry in gear and drove 24 hours straight- only stopping a few hours for a little shut eye.  Anyways, I made it back to Minnesota safe and sound in a car that didn't even have any brake pads left on it.  Once back in good old Fridley, I tried meeting up with as many friends as I could.  But, fortunately and unfortunately, I accepted the great opportunity of doing summer programming for CLIMB Theatre.  Thumbs up: I got to work with kids this summer, be a part of CLIMB again and make a little extra dough.  Thumbs down: I didn't have enough time to see everybody I wanted to.  But that's what Facebook's for, right?  Talking to an old friend in person will always be better than poking them on an internet social networking site, but I have to admit, I do catch myself taking a stroll down memory lane every now and again by clicking through pictures of old memories.  It kind of makes me sad.  It makes me wish I was still back in high school or college.  It makes me wonder what would have happened if I remained close friends with the person whose photo album I'm looking at.  If it feels right, I may shoot an old friend a message, letting them know I was thinking about them.  They should know that they were important to me.  

So, I'm back in LA!  I've got a new car (a silver 2002 Honda Civic),  a new apartment (in Filipino Town- which is right next to Koreatown where my old place was), have had a few auditions (including one for an Orbit Gum commercial) and am going through the process of becoming a substitute teacher as well as looking to do a part-time internship at a casting office.  And one more thing!  I now have my own radio show!  Yoshi will be missed, but I will try my best to make this show just as super, fantastic, happy, and fun as Yoshi and I did back at KGSM (Gustavus' hidden gem).  I will be on Blog Talk Radio every Friday night from 8-9:00 pacific time (10-11:00 central time) starting on September 10th!  Here's the link:


Hope you have a chance to listen live- but even if you don't, each show is archived for your convenience.  Until next time- remember: reduce, reuse, recycle (in that order)!

   

10 comments:

Chafiz said...

blogwalking :D

Mayank said...

Get Facebook updates
http://bit.ly/gX6nFx

jhon apps said...

how was your summer ?
and what was the name of place in that city where you stayed ??

custom facebook app

Sivaterror said...

Lol ::

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this informative blog...well done.well done, good piece of information
I am glad to read this post, its an interesting one. I am always searching for quality posts and articles and this is what I found here, I hope you will be adding more in future. Thanks


the web designers


web design company Bangalore


seo services Bangalore

Minajesty said...

Pls send me d link

Anonymous said...

We have the Best App Developers in USA, so we extraordinarily plan applications for our clients in general. We're centered around the incredible development of iPhone applications and it drives us to make the best applications that suit each customer's necessities.